Wednesday 11 July 2012

Write It On Your Skin by Newton Faulkner Album Review

This album was most certainly released in the perfect time of year, well if it was sunny that is. Instantly this album gives off a great feelgood summery vibe that uplifted me from the start and kept me hooked the whole may through. Quite a tall order to hold my attention for that long but it almost felt rude not to give this album the full attention it deserves.


 
  1. Pulling Teeth
  2. Soon
  3. Brick by Brick
  4. Clouds
  5. Pick Up Your Broken Heart
  6. Longshot
  7. Write it on Your Skin
  8. In the Morning
  9. Against the Grain
  10. Sugar in the Snow
 I have already reviewed both his previous albums positively and this one did not disappoint either. It still has the excellent quality, rousing melodies and acoustic simplicity that the previous two albums did contain.

As with his previous albums it is very difficult for me to pick out my favourite tracks. If I had to, for the sheer upbeat vibe, I would select the instantly likable Pulling Teeth and Brick by Brick for brightening up your day. For a more mellow relaxed vibe I would select musically epic Pick Up Your Broken Heart and In the Morning. My other personal favourites that I just loved instantly were Soon,the beautifully acoustic Longshot and the title track Write it on Your Skin.

All in all no matter what you're looking for you will find it in this album. In particular if you need a summer pick me up then Write it On Your Skin will be prefect for you.


9/10
  
Thanks for reading! We'd love to know what you think of our blog.

Emma x


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...