Friday 3 August 2012

Emma's July Beauty Favourites

This month I've tried to included different products from the previous month. However, I think it's unlikely that something from my previous favourites wont slip onto the list, they are favourites for a reason after all!



Yes to Carrots Rich Moisture Day Cream
This is a cream I have had sitting around from a while now (hence the fact the writing has all but disappeared of the tub!) but for some reason I had stopped using it. After using it again this July I have no idea why I ever stopped. Like the lip balm from this range the moisturiser is instantly effective. It absorbs quickly into the skin despite being quite a thick consistency. The product definitely lasts all day and helps keep my make-up on much longer.
I got this from ASOS last year and they still sell it for £15 but it is now in a pumped bottle.

Stila 'Into the Light' Eyeshadow Palette
Although I have already reviewed this product I just had to include it here since I think I used it nearly ever day in July since I purchased it. My favourite everyday eyeshadow combo is Bare as a highlight, Champagne all over the lid and Bliss in the crease.

Burt's Bees Tinted Lip Balm 
I have had this lip balm for ages in the shade Hibiscus. It is a lovely coral pink colour which is perfect for summertime. I really love these lip balms because they are extremely moisturising for my dry lips and they also have a really juicy flavour! The pigmentation is also surprisingly strong with the colour and moisturising effect of the balm lasting for at least a couple of hours after application. The colour is certainly less coral on the lips than it looks when swatch on the hand.
I got this for £5.99 from Boots (which seems to be my most visited shop!) in the UK.

Max Factor False Lash Effect Mascara
I recently reviewed this mascara and it is included in this list for all the reasons I mentioned there.

Bourjois Paris So Laque! Ultra Shine Nail Polish
The shade I have been loving this month is Bleu fabuleux. It a really bright cobalt blue shade. The consistency of this polish is quite thick but the shape and size of the brush really helps with application. It takes me two coats to achieve an opaque finish with the polish and I've particularly liked wearing it on my toes.
I purchased this for £5.99 from Boots in the UK.

Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat
I really do not know why I had never purchased this top coat before. I had heard and read all the positive reviews of this product but for some reason I just never got it. In July I finally decided to give it a go.
I got a brand new full size (15ml) bottle of this for only £6.29 from Ebay.

Toni&Guy Beach Curl Spray
This was included in last month's favourites but it is still excellent to create the perfect beachy waves in my hair.

NYX Mega Shine Lip Gloss
My favourite shade of  these lip glosses this month was La La. It a great bright pink shade with a subtle pearly sheen. The reason I love these lip glosses is because they have a great creamy moisturising texture, they give a great colour pay off and they taste like cherries! La La looks great on its own as well as over lipstick.
 I purchased this brand new for £5.74 from Ebay.

Mac Powder Blush
Springsheen is one of my favourite Mac blushes for summer. The shade is peach with a slight pearl and it is a sheertone shimmer finish. The finish is what makes this shade great for my pale skin because it gives it a colour boost without being too much and too bright. I would say that it colour also be great for other darker skin tones as the colour is definitely buildable.
All powder blushes are £17.50 from Mac in the UK.

Calvin Klein Eternity Moment Eau De Parfum
I got this as a gift this month and I have been loving wearing it since. It is a great perfume for daytime, particularly in the summer months. The scent is subtle with lovely fruity and floral notes.
Since this was a gift I don't know how much was paid for it but I've found that you can get it for £26.66 from Boots in the UK.


Thanks for reading! We'd love to know what you think of our blog.

Emma x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...