Saturday 23 June 2012

Top 5 GlossyBox Products


This month's GlossyBox was the 6th I have received since signing up to the service so I thought it's be interesting to look back over all the products I received and pick out my favourites. The choice has ended up being much more difficult than I imagined it would be but here they are anyway:



1. First Aid Beauty Body Moisturiser

I have dry, sensitive skin so as soon as I read that this product was fragrance free and safe for sensitive skin I was completely sold on it. It claims to nourish the skin by relieving dryness and locking in moisture at the same time. Unlike other products making this claim but not really fulfilling it, this one does exactly as stated without irritating my skin. It is so good that I have finished the sample and will definitely be repurchasing it and other First Aid Beauty products in the future.

2. Figs&Rouge Balm in Rambling Rose


I can be really picky about lip balms because my lips constantly suffer from dryness so tend to always look for ones which are completely organic and fragrance free. This balm does have a fragrance but that is actually one of the things I ended up loving about it. The rose scent is actually very fresh and extremely calming but not overpowering. A little of the product goes a long way so I am confident it will take me quite a while to use the whole of the sample. The product is also a multi-use which makes it great for problems such as dry elbows and any other areas of extreme dryness that arise on the face or body.

3. Clarins Extra-Firming Day and Night Cream


Now although this may seem like cheating because they are in fact two products, their purpose is the same. I am constantly looking for a moisturiser that really does 'moisturise' my skin because most of the year it is particularly dry. These moisturisers are excellent for this purpose and I am really disappointed that I've pretty much used them up. I may even resort to cutting the bottoms of the tubes to literally use all the product because each moisturiser (full size) retails at about £40 so it is unlikely I'll be able to repurchase them anytime soon.


4. Berber Oil


When I saw this product I was really excited because I had be wanting to try argon oil for ages. I have long wavy hair normally but when I straighten it I really need something to make the ends in particular look sleek. This product does just that as well as decreasing the drying time of my hair. It also, to me anyway, strangely smells of bananas... which I thankfully like.

5. Eyeko London Skinny Eyeliner in Emerald Green


I already own a couple of Eyeko product which really exceeded my expectations so I was hopeful that any other such product would do so also. This product is full size and one of my favourite colours not to mention being extremely pigmented and easy to apply. I would definitely repurchase this product, possibly in different shades. I also really love the design of the pencil.

I think it's clear from this that I am a little bit obsessed with super moisturising products so if they continue to send me such products I'll continue to subscribe to GlossyBox.

Thanks for reading! We'd love to know what you think of our blog.

Emma x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...